60th Annual General Meeting of Sha’arei Tsedek North London Reform Synagogue:
Charitable company limited by guarantee number 10514105; registered charity number 1171418
The Annual General Meeting of Sha’arei Tsedek North London Reform Synagogue which will be held in person and on Zoom www.stnl.rs/zoom on Sunday 12 December commencing at 10.00 am.
The principal purpose of the AGM is to:
- Receive Council’s Annual Report & Statement of Financial Affairs
- Appoint new trustee directors
- Re-appoint auditors
Below please find links to the agenda, accounts, annual review, and trustee nomination forms. Alternatively, you can request a printed version by contacting the office on 020 8445 3400.
Joining Council as a Trustee
We are looking to appoint new Trustees to Council. Trustees matter a great deal to our community and have an essential part to play in the governance and running of our community.
- Council members are Directors of the organisation and need to be familiar with and understand the governance requirements.
- Council members must attend monthly Council meetings.
- Council members are invited to attend a cross section of synagogue religious, fundraising, and social events throughout the year.
- Council members are invited to lead and/or become a member of Sha’arei Tsedek working committees – for example: Education Advisory Group, Income Generation Group. Other sub committees are formed from time to advise on key areas of synagogue life.
Charity Commission Trustee guidelines
If you are interested in becoming a member of Sha’arei Tsedek Council we advise you to consult the Charity Commission’s website and read ‘The Essential Trustee.’
How to apply
In the first instance you can call Andrea Laurence or Richard Woolf on 020 8445 3400 for an informal conversation about the role or complete a nomination form which can be found in the link below.
To add any specific items or resolutions to the agenda a minimum of six members must give notice in writing of such business in advance. The deadline for receipt of resolutions is Wednesday 1 December 2021. Matters that have not been notified in this way will only be accepted for discussion at the Chair’s discretion.
Part of the purpose of the AGM is to question Council about the year’s activities. To ensure that the limited time available for the meeting is used to best effect, we would ask that you submit any specific questions by Wednesday 1 December 2021.
If you require any assistance with the submission of resolutions, completion of nomination forms or any other matter, please contact either of us or a member of the Synagogue Office team who will be pleased to help you. However, please note that Sha’arei Tsedek employees who are also members of the Synagogue are under no obligation to act as your signatory, proposer, seconder or otherwise.
Under the Articles of Association of the Synagogue, a member entitled to attend and vote at the AGM is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote in their place under Section 324 of the Companies Act 2006. A proxy need not be a member. A form of proxy can be found on the website. Completed proxy forms must be received by the Synagogue office not less than 48 hours before the start of the AGM.
Andrea Laurence Richard Woolf