SHA’AREI TSEDEK NORTH LONDON REFORM SYNAGOGUE (“SHA’AREI TSEDEK”)
- We take the privacy of personal information very seriously and we take reasonable care to comply with the requirements of all applicable data privacy legislation including the UK Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation once in force. This relates to the personal information you, as synagogue members, supply to Sha’arei Tsedek in order to be a member. It also relates to what we save on our database and what we use on our website and other social media platforms.
- Personal Data – the information we gather from you and hold which may will include (but not be limited to): your name, address, email address, phone numbers, date of birth, subscription and discount rates, details of arrears and any other personal information you submit to Sha’arei Tsedek on joining and over time. We require this information in order that we can identify who you are, where you live, how we may contact you and other information that is required for membership.
We also gather and hold information about members’ children under the age of 21 years which we need to hold in order to deliver the objectives of the synagogue including the advancement of Judaism through educational activities, B’nei Mitzvot and future potential membership of the synagogue.
Sensitive Data – we recognise that religious beliefs are considered to be “sensitive” personal data. It follows that all of the data we hold on our Jewish members is sensitive as it is an indication of their religious beliefs.
- Sha’arei Tsedek is the Data Controller in respect of your Personal Data.
The Data Controller’s representative is the synagogue administrator.
Our full name: Sha’arei Tsedek North London Reform Synagogue, Company Number: 10514105
Our contact details: 120 Oakleigh Road North, Whetstone, London N20 9EZ; 020 8445 3400; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are collecting and holding your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- a) to monitor and improve our service to you, and to contact you with synagogue news, our newsletter (Kehillah) and information about services and events that are going on, organised by Sha’arei Tsedek, or which Sha’arei Tsedek is supporting;
- b) to ask you to take part in community activities for which you have volunteered or to invite you to volunteer;
- c) to meet pastoral and welfare needs, and to invite you to engage in more localised community initiatives; and/or
- d) to tell you about fundraising activities that Sha’arei Tsedek or the Rabbinic Team are promoting.
We may send you emails and hard-copy post about such activities and services, and we may on occasion telephone you. We might also contact you by email, post or telephone to discuss the content of these communications with you for market research purposes.
If you do not wish to receive our Kehillah newsletter or other synagogue communications, please contact the synagogue administrator at email@example.com and request removal from the distribution list.
- The legal basis for processing your Personal Data is that we have a legitimate interest in doing so. The legitimate interest being pursued is that as a community, we need to hold a certain amount of Personal Data relating to our members, so that we can manage membership and communicate with them.
- We may share your Personal Data with the following recipients:
- a) other member(s) of Sha’arei Tsedek who have responsibility for a service, event or activity so that they can contact you, and if we do so, we do so on the strict basis that it is only to be used for that limited purpose;
- b) if you consent to us doing so, The Movement for Reform Judaism (including their youth movement, young adults arm, students arm and Rabbinic Court) who will use such data for demographic and statistical purposes and also to enable direct communication and notification of their programmes and major events; and
- c) if you join, the Jewish Joint Burial Scheme, to the extent required to allow them to carry out their duties.
You have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to share your Personal Data with the Movement for Reform Judaism. Should you wish to do so, please contact the synagogue administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other than as provided in 6 above, we will not sell, distribute, share or otherwise disclose your Personal Data to any third parties without your consent or unless required or permitted to do so by a court of competent jurisdiction or an official regulator.
- We may store your Personal Data using cloud-based technologies which may involve the transfer and storage of your Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area.
- Your Personal Data will be stored for the duration of your membership at Sha’arei Tsedek. Should you resign your membership of Sha’arei Tsedek, we will ask you whether you are happy for us to continue to store your Personal Data for the purposes of maintaining a historical record of the synagogue membership for community purposes. Should you agree, or be deemed to have agreed, to us continuing to store your Personal Data after your resignation, we will not contact you regarding any synagogue business nor will we disclose your Personal Data to any third parties without your consent or unless required or permitted to do so by a court of competent jurisdiction or an official regulator.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data (including where you have agreed for us to continue to store your Personal Data after your resignation in accordance with 9 above):
- a) The right to establish the existence of Personal Data (whether we hold any Personal Data);
- b) The right of access (the right to inspect/receive copies of Personal Data held by us);
- c) The right to rectification or erasure (correction or deletion of Personal Data held by us); and
- d) The right of objection (to the processing of your Personal Data by us).
- If we are relying on your consent to process data, you may withdraw your consent at any time by email to the synagogue administrator at email@example.com.
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office about the manner in which we process your Personal Data.
- Your provision of Personal Data to us is not a contractual or legal requirement, except if you are joining the Jewish Joint Burial Scheme or getting married through the auspices of Sha’arei Tsedek. If you do not supply your Personal Data to us, we will not be able to process your burial scheme or wedding application through Sha’arei Tsedek nor will we be able to keep you informed of all Sha’arei Tsedek activities.
- If you feel that any of your information held by us is inaccurate or if it changes, please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. This includes addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, change of status, new births etc.