Friday 14 May
Erev Shabbat Mishpacha, 4.00 pm
Make No Bake Cupcake Cheesecakes with us
Join Rabbi Shulamit Ambalu and make no-bake cup cheesecakes to welcome the festival of Shavuot.
You will need:
- A few clean glass jars or thick small ramekins glasses
- Half a packet of biscuits, eg. Digestives or Ginger biscuits
- A few tablespoons of melted butter
- Cream cheese, plain thick yoghurt, honey, vanilla extract, salt and lemon juice
- Topping of your choice: fruit, grated lemon rind, chocolate or sprinkles
Together we will make the cup chessecakes and welcome in Shabbat. Suitable for under 7’s.
Join via Zoom
Sunday 16 May
Shavuot Schmooze, 9.45 am – 11.35 am
A cross-communal morning of fun learning for children in school years 1 – 6
Take a look at all the great activities planned HERE
Next steps: Choose two sessions and then email Roz Levenson, Head Teacher, Religion School on firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.
Tikkun Leyl Shavuot – Moving Forwards!
8.30 pm – 10.45 pm
Join us as we move into our next 60 years.
- Make music and move with us! Interactive Klezmer Niggun workshop with Ilana Kravitz – Sing, bring your musical instrument, and learn a klezmer dance! If you play an instrument and would like the music in advance, you can find simple score in C here, the full score in C hereand the simple score in Bb here. If you would like a score in the bass clef, please contact Rabbi Shulamit know, and she will organise this with Ilana Cravitz. We will be learning, among other melodies, the Patsh Tants (clapping dance).It’s from Buenos Aires, believe it or not! You can see and hear it here https://youtu.be/_qPwENj-7Jw
- Learn with Emeritus Rabbi Colin Eimer and Rabbi Shulamit Ambalu – take part in our interactive Talmud learning experience, on the themes of change, leadership and communal ethics!
- Explore Torah with Rabbi James Baaden – discovering the possibilities that open up in endings and new beginnings.
Monday 17 May
Shavuot Festival Morning Service, 10.30 am
Standing Together at Sinai – Sha’arei Tsedek together with North West Surrey Synagogue
Musical Shavuot Festival Morning Service – led by members of both communities.
Shavuot Treats Afternoon for the whole community*, 3.30 pm – 6.30 pm
Join us for some yummy ice-cream treats.
In-person event at the synagogue. Booking necessary. To book your place at this event please click HERE.
* event open to people who are part of the Sha’arei Tsedek community