Winter Night Shelter 2018—19
Sha’arei Tsedek Night Shelter will run from 8 October until 10 December 2018.
We will be running a volunteer training session on Sunday morning, 16 September at 11.00 am.
Whether you have volunteered before or are just thinking about volunteering for the shelter, we’d encourage you to come along. All new volunteers need to have done the training.
Training sessions will last just two hours, and will cover how the shelter works, what a typical night at the shelter feels like, understanding our guests and plenty of time for questions.
The training session will be held at Sha’arei Tsedek North London Reform Synagogue, 120 Oakleigh Road North, London, N20 9EZ.
Volunteer Roles include:
- Preparation of vegetarian starter, main course or dessert
- Setting up and serving the evening meal and clearing up
- Supervising the night shift
- Preparation and serving of breakfast
- Transportation of items to other venues in the borough
- Donation for breakfast and supplies
Please email Ilana at email@example.com or call her on her mobile 07739 135175 to let her know if you’ll be attending the session.